Palau de la música was built between 1905 and 1908 as the headquarters of the Catalan Orpheum, a notable coral in Europe, and this concert hall is the most singular in the world. For more than a hundred years it has been the scenery of the national and international music live inSpain. In 1997 it was declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
The architectural importance of Palau, as it’s known by neighbours, is visible inside and outside the building. The main entrance is situated in Sant Pere Más Alt street and is the oldest part of the building (1989). It’s important because it has one sculpture from the artist Miquel Blay, called “Catalan Popular Song”, and its form remembers a bow of a ship.
Inside the building there’s a lot of interesting elements: “trencadissos” little pieces of broken ceramic typical of Catalan modernism techniques and several sculptures that commemorate the musicians Beethoven or Josep Anslem Calvé.